Police search for alleged shooter
East Baton Rouge sheriff’s detectives searched late Saturday for a man accused of shooting another man in the leg on Richey Drive, a sheriff’s spokesman said.
Cody “Crucial” Mack, 25, no address given, is wanted on counts of attempted second-degree murder, felon in possession of a firearm and illegal use of a weapon, Casey Rayborn Hicks said in a news release.
The victim went to a residence in the 7000 block of Richey Drive at 3:42 a.m. Saturday and knocked on the door, Hicks said.
Mack allegedly opened the door and shot the victim in the leg, Hicks said.
The victim was taken to a hospital for treatment of non-life threatening injuries, Hicks said.
The victim and friends of Mack allegedly had been feuding, Hicks said.
Anyone with information concerning this incident or Mack’s whereabouts is asked to contact the East Baton Rouge Sheriff’s Office at (225) 389-5000 or Crime Stoppers anonymously at (225) 344-STOP (7867).
Police: Man arrested in stabbing
Police arrested a 59-year-old man accused of stabbing a friend in the chest with a steak knife after the two argued, an arrest document shows.
Baton Rouge Police arrested Terry L. Boyd Sr. on Friday on counts of attempted second-degree murder and illegal use of a weapon, an arrest affidavit shows.
Boyd, 2720 Alaska St., No. 62, is accused of inflicting a life-threatening wound to the victim Dec. 19 while the two were drinking beer as part of a group on Terrace Avenue, the document shows.
The victim told police that as he stood up after picking up his beer from the ground, Boyd stabbed him in the right side of the chest.
Boyd remains in Parish Prison, a prison spokeswoman said. His bond is set at $100,000.
Fire departments extinguish blaze
Baton Rouge and St. George fire departments quickly extinguished an accidental third-story apartment fire Friday night at Regency Club Apartments, 11555 Southfork Drive, a St. George spokesman said.
Units from both departments began arriving seven minutes after receiving the call at 8:46 p.m. and found no one when they forced their way inside Apt. 3038, spokesman Eldon Ledoux said in a news release. He said the living area of the apartment was engulfed in flames.
Firefighters gained control of the fire at 9:02 p.m. and reported no injuries, the release says.
The apartment and its contents were severely damaged and the apartment immediately below received minor water damage, the release says.
8 arrested on suspicion of DWI
Authorities arrested at least eight people suspected of driving while intoxicated in East Baton Rouge Parish and booked them into Parish Prison between 2:30 p.m. Friday and 2:30 p.m. Saturday, booking records show.
Those booked and the counts against them:
- Felicia Carpenter, 24, 1904 Carolyn Ave., Denham Springs, second-offense DWI, following too close, text messaging prohibited and motor vehicle inspection required.
- John Duffy, 24, 17827 Cascades Ave., Baton Rouge, first-offense DWI, failure to yield/left turn and reckless operation.
- Holly Fisher, 25, 15711 Ferrell Ave., Baton Rouge, first-offense DWI, reckless operation and speeding.
- Nathaniel Hodges, 23, 18483 S. Harrell’s Ferry Road, Baton Rouge, first-offense DWI and reckless operation.
- Jodie Mayers, 30, 7954 Acadiana Ave., Denham Springs, first-offense DWI and failure to maintain control.
- Carl McAlister, 26, 3630 Poplar St., Slaughter, first-offense DWI, driver’s license suspended or revoked, failure to maintain control and fugitive from justice.
- John Ramirez, 22, 588 Oak Ave., C, Harahan, second-offense, reckless operation and driver’s license suspended/revoked.
- Keith Wilson, 43, 16847 Centurion Ave., Baton Rouge, first-offense and disobeying a red light.
Compiled from staff reports. To talk to a crime reporter at The Advocate, call (225) 388-0369.