Two arrested in fatal Dec. 22 shooting
Baton Rouge police arrested two people Friday morning in the Dec. 22 shooting outside 1511 Cristy Drive, according to affidavits of probable cause.
Covonta Magee, 19, 3441 O’Neal Lane, Baton Rouge, and Chelsea Daigle, 21, 1139 Rip Duplessis Road, Gonzales, were each booked into East Baton Rouge Parish Prison on one count of first-degree murder and armed robbery, prison records show.
On Dec. 22, Daigle and Clara Seal, of Denham Springs, showed up together and upon arrival, they got into another car, where Magee shot Seal once on the left side of her body and stole cash Seal brought for drugs, affidavits say.
Seal died at a hospital, police spokesman Cpl. L’Jean McKneely said.
Man, 21, arrested after shots fired
East Baton Rouge Parish sheriff’s deputies Friday morning arrested a 21-year-old Baton Rouge man who fired shots at a man who had pointed a gun at him, an affidavit of probable cause says.
Deputies booked Christopher Williams, 6952 Meadow Park Ave., Baton Rouge, into Parish Prison on one count of attempted first-degree murder, prison records show.
Security camera footage at the Crestwood Suites, 5222 S. Sherwood Forest Blvd., showed three people arguing in the lobby before walking together out the front door, the affidavit says.
The footage then shows Williams running back through the lobby before going off camera, returning with a gun, opening the front door and firing several shots into the parking lot, the affidavit says.
Williams said he got his gun after his sister’s boyfriend dropped his gun while accusing him of stealing jewelry, the affidavit says.
Man, 38, booked on attempted rape count
Baton Rouge police Thursday arrested a man accused of attempting to rape a woman in his apartment Wednesday night, an affidavit of probable cause says.
Police booked Gregory Franklin, 38, 1188 Rosenwald Road, Apt. 31, Baton Rouge, into Parish Prison on one count each of attempted forcible rape, false imprisonment and simple battery, prison records show.
The victim said Franklin refused to let her leave his apartment, then pushed on her back and began choking her, the affidavit says.
The apartment manager heard the victim scream, went to the apartment and unlocked the door and they left and called police, the affidavit says.
Family dog killed
in house fire
Smoke from a Friday kitchen fire at a home on Lakes Boulevard killed a family dog, according to a St. George Fire Department news release.
The residents of 10600 Lakes Boulevard, No. 1801 were not injured, according to the release.
The fire, which originated in the kitchen, was quickly extinguished and its cause is under investigation.
Three sought in theft of debit card in Nov.
Baton Rouge police are searching for three people who stole a debit card between midnight Nov. 6 and 5:30 a.m. Nov. 7 from a car in the 3200 block of Carlotta Street and used it at various stores, a police spokesman said.
Anyone with information on the identity and whereabouts of the robbers is urged to cotact the police at (225) 389-3871 or Crime Stoppers at (225) 344-7867.
Eight arrested on suspicion of DWI
Authorities arrested at least eight people suspected of driving while intoxicated in East Baton Rouge Parish and booked them into Parish Prison between 2:30 p.m. Thursday and 2:30 p.m. Friday, booking records show.
Those booked and the counts against them:
- James Chustz, 31, 11117 Section Road, Port Allen, first-offense DWI and reckless operation.
- Richard Ferguson, 35, 18112 Keystone Drive, Greenwell Springs, first-offense DWI and failure to maintain control.
- Demetria Marcell, 54, 4034 Edgemont Drive, Baton Rouge, first-offense DWI, possession of alcoholic beverage in a vehicle and improper lane usage.
- Clint Moore, 24, 7800 Vennie Drive, Denham Springs, first-offense DWI and reckless operation.
- April Onebane, 24, 126 E. Woodstone Court, Baton Rouge, first-offense DWI and reckless operation.
- Thomas Sanders, 36, 30430 La. 441, Holden, first-offense DWI, reckless operation and motor vehicle inspection required.
- Alexandra Tolbert, 24, 18454 Greenbrier Estates, Prairieville, first-offense DWI, drinking in a motor vehicle and reckless operation.
- John Wilson, 26, 1778 Reed Ave., Alexandria, first-offense DWI and reckless operation.
Compiled from staff reports. To talk to a crime reporter at The Advocate, call (225) 388-0369.