Warrant: Man kicked in apartment door
Baton Rouge police officers on Thursday arrested a 24-year-old Baton Rouge man who on Nov. 12 kicked in his ex-girlfriend’s door at her residence, yelled obscenities at her and pulled a revolver on her in front of her three young children, ages 3, 2 and nine months, an affidavit warrant says.
Kabrell Shaeon Moore, 4171 South Park Drive, was booked into Parish Prison on Thursday morning on one count each of home invasion, violation of protection orders and simple criminal damage to property, prison records show.
Firefighters respond to 2nd call at house
Firefighters are investigating the cause of a Friday morning fire of a vacant house at 12225 Leonides Drive in north Baton Rouge, according to a Baton Rouge Fire Department news release.
When firefighters arrived at 12:09 a.m., they found the kitchen area of the home on fire.
No one was injured.
The house was in the process of being remodeled following a previous fire.
There was no electricity to the home at the time of the blaze. The kitchen area and part of the attic was damaged by the fire.
Arson has not been ruled out as the investigation continues, the release says.
in incident at store
East Baton Rouge Sheriff’s deputies on Thursday arrested a 17-year-old girl accused of stealing items from two stores earlier this month and trying to run over an off-duty West Baton Rouge Parish Sheriff’s deputy who tried to confront her, according to an affidavit warrant.
Mikiara Janae Williams, 222 75th Ave., Baton Rouge, was booked on counts of aggravated assault with a motor vehicle upon a peace officer, theft of goods and entering after forbidden, East Baton Rouge Parish Prison records show.
Witnesses saw Williams and some accomplices steal items from a store in the 7000 block of Siegen Lane on Dec. 4 and trying to steal some items from the Bluebonnet Boulevard Best Buy store on Dec. 12, according to the warrant.
Williams and an accomplice were approached by a Best Buy employee and the off-duty deputy at the Dec. 12 incident, according to the warrant.
When the deputy tried to stop Williams from driving away, Williams tried to run over the deputy, nearly hitting her, the warrant says.
Authorities arrest 10 on suspicion of DWI
Authorities arrested at least 10 people suspected of driving while intoxicated in East Baton Rouge Parish and booked them into Parish Prison between 2:30 p.m. Thursday and 2:30 p.m. Friday, booking records show.
Those booked and the counts against them:
- Willie Camper, 39, 5436 Lemonwood Drive, Baton Rouge, second-offense DWI, reckless operation and improper lane usage.
- Kirk Chedotal, 46, 114 N. Curtis St., Pierre Part, third-offense DWI and reckless operation.
- Kevin Guitrau, 27, 9990 Woodridge St., Denham Springs, second-offense DWI, operating a vehicle while under suspension for a prior offense and reckless operation.
- Raegan Hebert, 30, 33916 Cedar Ridge Court Drive, Denham Springs, first-offense DWI, reckless operation and drinking in public.
- Michael Howard, 51, 11642 Flamingo Drive, Baton Rouge, first-offense DWI and possession of alcohol in vehicle.
- Donald Johnson, 32, 9772 E. Swingalong Ave., Baton Rouge, first-offense DWI, driver’s license suspended/revoked and reckless operation.
- Theron Lanehart, 31, 8820 Greenwell Springs Road, Baton Rouge, first-offense DWI and reckless operation.
- Phuc Nguyen, 28, 12749 Archery Drive, Baton Rouge, first-offense DWI and reckless operation.
- Dakota Perkins, 21, 36470 La. 16, Watson, third-offense DWI and reckless operation.
- John Williams, 29, 999 Lake Towers N. 9th St., Baton Rouge, first-offense DWI and expired motor vehicle inspection.
Compiled from staff reports. To talk to a crime reporter at The Advocate, call (225) 388-0369.