Five arrested on suspicion of DWI
Authorities arrested at least five people suspected of driving while intoxicated in East Baton Rouge Parish and booked them into Parish Prison between 2:30 p.m. Wednesday and 2:30 p.m. Thursday, booking records show.
Those booked and the counts against them:
- Irion Bordelon, 33, 11011 Cal Road, Apt. 58, Baton Rouge, second-offense DWI, reckless operation of a vehicle and operating a vehicle while under suspension for prior offense.
- Jose Cuellar, 24, 4747 Southpark, Baton Rouge, first-offense DWI, driver’s license required and failure to maintain control.
- Bert Melancon, 40, 10156 Perkins Rowe Blvd., Baton Rouge, first-offense DWI and motor vehicle inspection required.
- Haley Perez, 30, 1920 Stanford Ave., Baton Rouge, first-offense DWI, possession of Schedule I drugs, driver’s license suspended/revoked, possession of drug paraphernalia and following too close.
- Matthew Romar, 20, 11555 Southpark Drive, Baton Rouge, first-offense DWI, speeding and possession of alcohol in vehicle.
Compiled from staff reports. To talk to a crime reporter at The Advocate, call (225) 388-0369.