BR man arrested
in armed robberies
East Baton Rouge Parish sheriff’s deputies arrested a 19-year-old man Tuesday suspected in several armed robberies in the Baton Rouge area, a sheriff’s spokeswoman said.
Daniel Green, 19, of 1312 Jasper Ave., was booked into Parish Prison on two counts of armed robbery and one count of aggravated battery, Casey Rayborn Hicks said in a news release. Additional counts might be added by city police, authorities said.
Green was pulled over for a traffic stop Monday evening in the 1200 block of Gardere Lane and deputies noticed a black BB handgun in his car that was similar to a gun used in armed robberies Oct. 16 and Nov. 17 at a Cracker Barrel on Burbank Drive, Hicks said.
Green was cited for several traffic violations and released, Hicks said.
Detectives went to Green’s home Tuesday and he confessed to the two Cracker Barrel robberies, and to the armed robberies of two convenience stores being investigated by Baton Rouge police, Hicks said.
Green was booked on aggravated battery after hitting a clerk in the head with the gun during the Oct. 16 armed robbery, Hicks said.
Two men wounded in fight with robber
Police are investigating an incident early Tuesday in which an armed man held up four people at gunpoint on East Boyd Drive, a police spokesman said.
Four people were walking in the 700 block of East Boyd shortly after 1 a.m. when a man armed with a handgun approached them and demanded their property, Cpl. Tommy Stubbs said.
Two men in the group of four attacked the armed man and fought over control of the gun, Stubbs said.
The gun went off, striking the two men in their right hands, Stubbs said.
Police are still looking for the armed man, Stubbs said.
He is described as a dark-skinned black man in his early to mid-20s, about 5 feet 8 inches tall with a slim build, Stubbs said. He was wearing dark clothing.
5 booked with DWI
in EBR Parish Prison
Authorities arrested at least five people suspected of driving while intoxicated in East Baton Rouge Parish and booked them into Parish Prison between 2:30 p.m. Monday and 2:30 p.m. Tuesday, booking records show.
Those booked and the counts against them:
- Eric Bacas, 42, 1426 Louray Drive, Baton Rouge, first-offense DWI, driving over the median and reckless operation of a vehicle.
- Curtis Brown, 38, 2852 69th St., Baton Rouge, second-offense DWI, driver’s license required or expired, reckless operation of a vehicle and resisting an officer.
- Trinh Doan, 29, 8845 Pecan Tree Drive, Baton Rouge, second-offense DWI, text messaging prohibited, failure to maintain control and motor vehicle inspection required or expired.
- James Joseph, 28, 3938 Brady St., Baton Rouge, first-offense DWI and failure to maintain control.
- Brittany St. Germain, 23, 14291 Whispering Oak Drive, Gonzales, first-offense DWI, improper lane usage and reckless operation of a vehicle.
Compiled from staff reports. To talk to a crime reporter at The Advocate, call (225) 388-0369.