Nov 20, 2012 12:34 Fire causes $85,000 in damage to Baton Rouge apartment Fire causes $85,000 in damage to Baton Rouge apartment Advocate staff report Nov. 20, 2012 Comments An unattended pot on a stove caused a fire Saturday night that left $85,000 in damage to an apartment and contents on North Lobdell Avenue, a spokesman for the Fire Department said. Firefighters arrived at Hawthorne Heights Apartment Complex, 2136 N. Lobdell Ave., Apt. 2404, at 5:16 p.m. and found flames coming out of several windows in the ground floor apartment, spokesman Robert Combs said in a news release. Firefighters had the fire under control within 10 minutes and no one was injured, Combs said. The fire damaged the kitchen, living room and bathroom while the rest of the apartment was damaged by heat, smoke and water, Combs said. The other seven apartments in the building had minor smoke damage.