An accidental cooking fire caused $15,000 in damage to a manufactured housing unit at 7992 George Cain Road, a St. George Fire Department spokesman said.
St. George fire investigators determined the fire began in the kitchen when the residents left the kitchen for a short time after they began cooking, spokesman Eldon Ledoux said.
Ledoux said units responded to the 7:24 p.m. call and had
the fire under control by 7:33 p.m.
Ledoux said there were no injuries and only the kitchen sustained fire damage while the rest of the house sustained smoke damage.