October 26, 2012
Man, 19, accused
of sex with juvenile
A 19-year-old Baton Rouge man was arrested Wednesday and accused of having sex with a girl who was more than four years younger than him, an arrest warrant says.
Robert L. Augustus III met the girl online and had sex with her in June in the backseat of his car while it was parked in front of her Baton Rouge home, the warrant says.
Someone close to the girl found out about the incident and contacted authorities in September, the warrant says.
Augustus, 7176 S. Fairlane Court, Baton Rouge, was booked into East Baton Rouge Parish Prison on a count of carnal knowledge of a juvenile.
Couple arrested in beating of juvenile
A man and a woman were arrested Wednesday for allegedly beating a juvenile with their hands as well as a belt at a Baton Rouge residence, an affidavit of probable cause says.
The incident occurred Wednesday and caused the victim “severe pain,” the affidavit says.
According to the affidavit, Malcolm Kelly and Toi Singleton, both 35, struck the victim in the face, thigh and calf with their hands and a belt, causing bruising and lacerations, the affidavit says.
Kelly and Singleton, both of 452 Buchanan St., Baton Rouge, were booked into East Baton Rouge Parish Prison on a count of cruelty to juveniles.
Married BR officers cited following fight
Two Baton Rouge police officers were issued misdemeanor summons for domestic abuse battery after an argument turned physical early Sunday morning, a news release Thursday says.
Police Cpl. Leonard Harry and his wife, Officer Leslie Harry, who are separated, got into a fight off-duty, the news release said. Both had visible marks resulting from the fight, but neither required attention, the news release says.
Leonard is a 14-year veteran in the motorcycle division, and Leslie is a five-year member of the bicycle division, the news release says.
Both have been placed on administrative leave pending an internal investigation, the news release says.
Authorities book six on suspicion of DWI
Authorities arrested at least six people suspected of driving while intoxicated in East Baton Rouge Parish — including a woman on a 4th-offense DWI — and booked them into Parish Prison between 2:30 p.m. Wednesday and 2:30 p.m. Thursday, booking records show.
Those booked and the counts against them:
- Keri Norder, 27, 9150 Lockhard Drive, Greenwell Springs, fourth-offense DWI and failure to maintain control.
- Gabriel Reynolds, 33, 19845 Deercreek Drive, Zachary, first-offense DWI.
- Kyle Coffman, 27, 126 Valerie Memorial Drive, Leesville, second-offense DWI, reckless operation of a vehicle and failure to yield at a private drive.
- Kenneth Parker, 40, 5469 Hermitage Road, Baton Rouge, first-offense DWI.
- Noel Singleton, 21, 1411 Salisbury Drive, Baton Rouge, first-offense DWI and reckless operation of a vehicle.
- Ivory Williams, 55, 2651 73rd Ave., Baton Rouge, second-offense DWI, drinking in a motor vehicle, reckless operation of a vehicle, disobeying a red light and driver’s license suspended/revoked.
Compiled from staff reports. To talk to a crime reporter at The Advocate, call (225) 388-0369.