October 17, 2012
Fire begun by embers
damages three houses
More than 30 St. George Fire Department firefighters battled a Tuesday morning house fire at 1731 Twisted Oak Lane in the Oak Hills community, according to the St. George Fire Department.
The fire’s cause was accidental, caused by the improper disposal of ashes and embers, said Eldon Ledoux, information officer for the St. George department.
Firefighters were dispatched to the home at 8:02 a.m. where they discovered the back half of the house on fire, with flames threatening neighboring homes on both sides, Ledoux said.
The fire was under control at 8:39 a.m. and no one was injured, he said.
The fire destroyed about half of the house and a car in the driveway was also damaged, Ledoux said.
A neighboring home at 1721 Twisted Oak Lane suffered moderate fire damage in the back, while the house at 1741 Twisted Oak Lane suffered minor fire damage, he said.
Compiled from staff reports. To talk to a crime reporter at The Advocate, call (225) 388-0369.