The East Baton Rouge Republican Party on Tuesday announced five more endorsements in the Nov. 6 election.
The five candidates are:
- Scott Angelle for Public Service Commission.
- Alester Jones for City Constable.
- R.J. “Smokie” Bourgeois for Metro Council District 12.
- Susan Ponder for City Court Judge.
- Carey Jenkins, Ward 3 District 2 Constable.
The parish’s Republican Party did not offer an endorsement in the Metro Council District 9 race. Republican incumbent Joel Boé is being challenged by fellow Republican Ted Rush in that race
Previously, the parish GOP endorsed Mile Walker for East Baton Rouge mayor-president, Toni Higginbotham and Tim Kelley for the Louisiana Supreme Court and Mike McDonald for the Court of Appeals.