October 15, 2012
- SLICE OF LIFE: 10:30 a.m. for lunch and noon for tee time, The Oaks at Sherwood Golf Club, 1655 Sherwood Forest Blvd. The event is a golf classic benefit for the Greater Baton Rouge Food Bank. Admission is $150 for individual players and $600 for teams. For more information, call (225) 359-9940, ext. 220 or visit http://www.brfoodbank.org.
- CAT HAVEN ADOPTIONS: Noon to 6 p.m., Cat Haven Adoption Center, 11130 N. Harrell’s Ferry Road. For more information, visit http;//www.cathaven.org.
- BATON ROUGE PRESS CLUB: Noon, De La Ronde Hall, 320 Third St. Elliott Stonecipher, a political analyst, will discuss the upcoming presidential election. Lunch, which is served at 11:30 a.m., is $12 for members and $15 for nonmembers. Only Press Club members and members of the news media can ask questions during the question and answer portion of the program.
- PROJECT PURR CAT ADOPTIONS: 5:30 p.m. to 8 p.m., Mall of Louisiana, second floor by Dillards. For more information, visit http://www.projectpurrbr.org.
- HENRY ROLLINS “CAPITALISM”: 7 p.m., Manship Theatre, Shaw Center for the Arts, 100 Lafayette St. Henry Rollins, an actor, writer, radio personality and musician, is visiting all 50 state capitals for his talking tour, “The Long March: The Capitalism Tour.” Rollins will share commentary and observations about the American democratic process. The tour will end on the eve of the presidential election in the nation’s capital. Rollins was a member of Black Flag, an ’80s punk-rock band, and was the leader of the Rollins Band in the ’90s. Tickets are $30 each. For more information, call (225) 344-0334 or visit http://www.manshiptheatre.org.