September 24, 2012
Houston man accused of molesting girl
East Baton Rouge Parish sheriff’s deputies arrested a Texas man Wednesday accused of molesting a young girl and using his cellphone to film her taking a bath, according to an affidavit of probable cause.
Rodney Wayne Thomas, 53, 6024 Doulton, Houston, was booked into Parish Prison on one count each of molestation of a juvenile, pornography involving juveniles and possession of marijuana.
Thomas admitted to deputies that he put his cellphone in the bathroom to record the victim but said “he has no idea why he did that,” the affidavit says.
Thomas said he never touched the victim inappropriately and did not know why the girl would say that about him, the affidavit says.
Deputies also found about 30 grams of marijuana in Thomas’ pockets when he was taken into custody, the affidavit says.
The victim’s age was not given in the affidavit.
on suspicion of DWI
Authorities arrested at least seven people suspected of driving while intoxicated in East Baton Rouge Parish and booked them into Parish Prison between 2:30 p.m. Friday and 2:30 p.m. Saturday, booking records show.
Those booked and the counts against them:
- Roque Acosta-Padilla, 30, 12384 Lorna Ave., first-offense DWI, driver’s license required, speeding and failure to transfer registration.
- Nicholas Bauman, 20, 15824 Ferrell Ave., first-offense DWI and failure to maintain control.
- Michael Harris, 42, 5629 Lanier Drive, first-offense DWI.
- Ashley Harvell, 18, 17522 E. Fort Pickens St., first-offense DWI, improper lane usage and motor vehicle inspection required.
- Shannon Norwood, 21, 11807 Pheasantwood Drive, first-offense DWI and improper lane usage.
- Michael Orillion, 56, 18478 Lake Tulip Ave., second-offense DWI, improper lane usage, failure to signal and improper turn.
- Fred Sanders, 23, 735 Iberville St., first-offense DWI and careless driving.
Compiled from staff reports. To talk to a crime reporter at The Advocate, call (225) 388-0369.