September 22, 2012
- CORN MAZE FAMILY FUN WEEKEND: 8:30 a.m. to 5 p.m., Burden Center, 4560 Essen Lane. Maze hay mountain, paint-a-pumpkin, hayrides. $5. (225)763-3990.
- FUN AT THE FLEA MARKET: 10 a.m. to 6 p.m., 5905 Florida Blvd. The market will have a Kajun Corner, NFL sports and gifts, a plant shop, Nita’s Pralines, Deep South Furniture and a cafe.
- KIDS’ LAB: 10:15 a.m. to 11 a.m., 12:15 p.m. to 1 p.m. and 2 p.m. to 2:45 p.m., Louisiana Art and Science Museum, 100 River Road South. Children ages 6-12 and a parent or caregiver explore the dynamic world of chemistry with hands-on workshops.
- SAFARI NIGHT: 6:30 p.m. to 9:30 a.m. the next morning, BREC’s Baton Rouge Zoo, 3601 Thomas Road. Walking tours, hands-on activities, animal encounters. Designed for groups; 15-person minimum. Pre-registration required. (225) 775-3877.
- THE 13TH GATE AND NECROPOLIS 13: 6:30 p.m. to 11:30 p.m., 813 St. Phillip St. Haunted house and mock New Orleans-style cemetery. 13th gate, $25; Necropolis 13, $30; both attractions, $35. (225) 389-1313 or http://www.midnightproduction.com.
- “A FREE MAN OF COLOR”: 7:30 p.m., Claude L. Shaver Theatre in the LSU Music and Dramatic Arts Building, Dalrymple Drive, LSU campus. The play is part of Swine Palace’s Louisiana Bicentennial celebration season. Tonight’s performance will be the opening night. Tickets are $15 per student, $19 per senior/faculty member/staff member and $28 per adult. To purchase tickets or for more information, call (225) 578-3527 or visit http://www.swinepalace.org.