Shooting victim found in ditch
Police are investigating a Monday morning shooting in which a man with gunshot wounds was found lying in a ditch in the 7200 block of Apperson Street early Monday, a police spokeswoman said.
Police found the 24-year-old victim in the ditch around 1:30 a.m., Capt. Joan Cage said in a news release.
The victim told police he was walking on Conrad Street near Jean Street when someone forced him to get into an unknown vehicle and was driven to Apperson Street, where he was shot multiple times, Cage said.
The victim was taken to a local hospital for treatment for non-life-threatening injuries, Cage said. The shooting is under investigation.
Anyone with information about what happened is asked to call police at (225) 389-4869 or Crime Stoppers at (225) 344-STOP.
Man charged with carnal knowledge
A 30-year-old man accused of having sex with a 16-year-old girl has been arrested, according to an affidavit of probable cause.
Terrance Fobb, 5907 Silverleaf Ave., was booked into Parish Prison on a count of carnal knowledge of a juvenile, parish prison records show.
Fobb had sex with the victim numerous times even though he knew she was 16, the affidavit says.
Teen arrested in robbery of food mart
A teen accused of robbing a food store and the store owner at gunpoint last month has been arrested, according to an affidavit warrant.
Terrell Billy, 17, 1955 Rice Drive, was booked with armed robbery Sunday by Baton Rouge police, parish prison records show.
Billy is accused of robbing the TNT Food Mart at 2207 North Foster Drive at 2:41 p.m., the warrant says.
Billy reportedly pointed a handgun at the victim and ordered him to the floor while two other bandits stole money from the cash register and cigars from behind the counter, the warrant says.
Six arrested on suspicion of DWI
Authorities arrested at least six people suspected of driving while intoxicated in East Baton Rouge Parish and booked them into Parish Prison between 2:30 p.m. Sunday and 2:30 p.m. Monday, booking records show.
Those booked and the counts against them:
- Cherise Christophe, 23, 4749 Alvin Dark Ave., first-offense DWI and failure to maintain control.
- Edward Collins, 43, 5736 Louisville Ave., Baker, first-offense DWI and speeding.
- Omar Lara, 18, 11322 Walker Ave., first-offense DWI, failure to maintain control, possession of alcohol in vehicle, operating vehicle without lawful presence in the U.S. and proof of insurance required.
- Alex Marquez, 26, no address available, Baton Rouge, first-offense DWI, failure to maintain control and driver’s license required.
- Nicholas McClure, 31, 3706 Bob Hall Road, Orange, Texas, first-offense DWI and resisting an officer.
- Ted Mckeehan, 38, 9762 La. 965, St. Francisville, first-offense DWI and reckless operation of a vehicle.
Compiled from staff reports. To talk to a crime reporter at The Advocate, call (225) 388-0369.