Man arrested in rape of disabled woman
A New Roads man accused of raping a physically disabled Baton Rouge woman Tuesday has been arrested, according to an affidavit warrant.
Terry Fields, 45, 657 N. 30th St., was booked with aggravated rape by Baton Rouge police, Parish Prison records show.
Fields held the victim’s hands down and raped her even though she told him no and to stop, according to the warrant.
Because of her physical disability, the victim said, she couldn’t do anything to stop him, the warrant says.
When police reviewed Fields’ criminal history, they found that he had been booked with forcible rape in a prior case, the warrant says.
Police arrest 5 for drunken driving
Authorities arrested at least five people suspected of driving while intoxicated in East Baton Rouge Parish and booked them into Parish Prison between 2:30 p.m. Friday and 2:30 p.m. Saturday, booking records show.
Those booked and the counts against them:
- Terry Brown, 20, 40515 Sycamore Ave., Gonzales, first-offense DWI and failure to maintain control.
- Bradley Easley, 26, 1211 Applewood Drive, first-offense DWI, improper lanes usage and other laws of the road.
- Jesse LeBlanc, 26, 2035 State St., first-offense DWI, following too close, reckless operation of a vehicle and speeding.
- Kenneth McBride, 22, 3216 Woodbrook Drive, first-offense DWI, failure to signal and improper turns.
- Tony Nixon, 48, 4476 Washington Ave., first-offense DWI and failure to maintain control.
Compiled from staff reports. To talk to a crime reporter at The Advocate, call (225) 388-0369.