Police arrest man
on murder charge
Baton Rouge police and U.S. Marshals on Friday morning arrested a man accused of killing an 18-year-old man on College Drive on June 30, according to a police news release.
Chattley Chesterfield, 18, 1454 Jordan St., was booked with first-degree murder, attempted first-degree murder and illegal use of a dangerous weapon, according to the news release.
Chesterfield was involved in a shooting that occurred at 2:27 a.m. at 3006 College Drive near Rabey Avenue. He is accused of shooting and killing Jordan Key.
The second victim, a 19 year-old man, suffered non-life-threatening injures, the news release said.
Man wanted for attempted murder
East Baton Rouge Parish sheriff’s detectives are searching for a man wanted in an attempted murder earlier this month, according to a news release Friday.
The suspect is Jonathan Bell, 25, no address given.
According to police, two people were walking in an alley behind King Bradford and Derby drives Sept. 6 when they noticed a vehicle traveling at a high rate of speed coming toward them.
The vehicle narrowly missed the two victims, who then ran away. The vehicle continued its pursuit and hit one of the victims, who suffered abrasions and a fractured hip.
One victim identified the driver as an ex-boyfriend.
Anyone with information about the incident or Bell’s whereabouts is asked to contact the sheriff’s office at (225) 389-5000 or Crime Stoppers at (225) 344-7867.
Man arrested on sexual assault charge
A man accused of sexually assaulting a 9-year-old girl in 2011 has been arrested, according to an affidavit warrant.
Demonta Mallory, 19, 12271 Plymouth St., was booked Thursday with sexual battery by Baton Rouge police, according to East Baton Rouge Parish Prison records.
According to the warrant, a pastor reported the girl’s allegation to police.
12 suspected of drunken driving
Authorities arrested at least 12 people suspected of driving while intoxicated in East Baton Rouge Parish and booked them into Parish Prison between 2:30 p.m. Thursday and 2:30 p.m. Friday, booking records show.
Those booked and the counts against them:
- Erin Chauser, 21, 20169 Greenwell Springs Road, first-offense DWI.
- Daniel Cole, 27, 1348 Rosenwald Drive, first-offense DWI, reckless operation of a vehicle, driver’s license required/expired.
- Maurice Galloway, 42, 10872 Sherrie Lane, Denham Springs, first-offense DWI, vehicular negligent injuring.
- Karen Green, 43, 820 Hooter Road, New Orleans, first-offense DWI, battery of police officer, possession of alcohol in vehicle, possession of Schedule III drugs, sale/possession/distribution of legend drug.
- Mitchell Hitchens, 45, 7146 Albany Drive, first-offense DWI, reckless operation of a vehicle, drinking in a motor vehicle.
- Thomas Johnson, 23, 11445 Bard Ave., first-offense DWI, possession of marijuana, drinking in a motor vehicle.
- Arnold McCray, 21, 10950 Darryl Drive, Apt. 264, first-offense DWI, driver’s license required/expired, drinking in a motor vehicle.
- Michael Peters, 36, 5750 Cypress St., St. Francisville, first-offense DWI, driver’s license suspended/revoked.
- Otha Pipes, 51, 205 Hillcrest Ave., first-offense DWI, reckless operation of a vehicle.
- Landon Sheets, 22, 11823 Cline Drive, Baker, first-offense DWI, reckless operation of a vehicle.
- Jared Vallere, 25, 567 Sharp Lane, first-offense DWI.
- Morris Wilson, 29, 449 Cora Drive, second-offense DWI, reckless operation of a vehicle, improper lane usage, headlights required, insurance required, driver’s license suspended/revoked.
Compiled from staff reports. To talk to a crime reporter at The Advocate, call (225) 388-0369.