September 11, 2012
in shooting, death
East Baton Rouge Parish Sheriff’s Office deputies on Monday arrested a 36-year-old man accused of shooting two men, killing one, in the 100 block of North 13th Street near Convention Street on Aug. 21, according to an arrest warrant.
Jermaine St. Cyr, 122 N. 13th St., was booked into Parish Prison on one count each of first-degree murder, attempted first-degree murder and fugitive from justice, booking records show.
Sheriff’s deputies booked St. Cyr on a warrant from the Baton Rouge Police Department, booking records show.
St. Cyr is accused of shooting Carlois Lebouf, 28, 2025 Hemlock St., and another man, police have said.
Lebouf was taken to a hospital, where he died from his injuries, police have said. The second man was shot in the stomach but survived, police said.
Police have said the double shooting stemmed from a deadly shooting in the early morning of Aug. 21 in the 1200 block of Convention Street.
Otis D. Kinchen, 36, 635 N. 11th St., was shot and killed while standing in a vacant lot at Convention and North 12th streets, police have said.
People associated with Kinchen, including Lebouf and the other man shot near North 13th Street, feuded throughout the day Tuesday with people they believe shot Kinchen, which led to Lebouf and the other man getting shot, police have said.
St. Cyr was identified as a suspect in the North 13th shooting because of Crime Stoppers tips, the warrant for his arrest says.
Five drivers booked
on EBR DWI counts
Authorities arrested at least five people suspected of driving while intoxicated in East Baton Rouge Parish and booked them into Parish Prison between 2:30 p.m. Sunday and 2:30 p.m. Monday, booking records show.
Those booked and the counts against them:
- Joshua Gayle, 17, 7 Cardinal, Angola, first-offense DWI and reckless operation of a vehicle.
- Christopher Johnson, 28, 1543 Summer St., New Orleans, first-offense DWI, speeding, driver’s license not on person and possession of marijuana.
- Carmen Tanner, 42, 1649 Starboard Drive, first-offense DWI, hit-and-run, and driver’s license not on person.
- David Vest, 20, 5266 Elkhorn Drive, Greenwell Springs, first-offense DWI and reckless operation of a vehicle.
- Jimmy Williamson, 28, 6791 Morgan Road, first-offense DWI and reckless operation of a vehicle.
Compiled from staff reports. To talk to a crime reporter at The Advocate, call (225) 388-0369.