Woman seriously injured in accident
A woman who was pinned under a vehicle after a wreck Saturday night suffered life-threatening injuries, police said.
The woman was a passenger in one of two vehicles that crashed near 11000 Greenwell Springs Road about 10 p.m., Capt. Elton G. Brown Sr. said Sunday in a news release.
Officers on the scene found two heavily damaged vehicles and learned that a woman in one of the vehicles had been ejected in the wreck and was pinned, Brown said.
The Fire Department freed the woman, and Emergency Medical Services took her to a hospital, Brown said.
EMS also took the driver of the same vehicle to a hospital with non-life-threatening injuries, he said.
The release does not name either of those people, nor does it mention anyone in the other vehicle.
Officers from the Traffic Homicide Division are investigating, Brown’ said.
Five arrested on suspicion of DWI
Authorities arrested at least five people suspected of driving while intoxicated in East Baton Rouge Parish and booked them into Parish Prison between 2:30 p.m. Saturday and 2:30 p.m. Sunday, booking records show.
Those booked and the counts against them:
- Matthew Beeson, 42, 9254 Bordeaux, first-offense DWI.
- Erica Geiss, 21, 36354 Desota Ave., Prairieville, first-offense DWI and disobeying a red light.
- Richard Sehring, 21, 745 Bethany Green Court, Alpharetta, Ga., first-offense DWI, resisting an officer, flight from an officer and reckless operation of a vehicle.
- Jeffrey Shriver, 42, 36470 Plantation Blvd., Prairieville, first-offense DWI and improper lane usage.
- Joshua Turner, 19, 10864 Turnbull Lane, Keithville, first-offense DWI and failure to maintain control.
Compiled from staff reports. To talk to a crime reporter at The Advocate, call (225) 388-0369.