August 17, 2012
Man, 30, arrested in Cedar Lake shooting
Baton Rouge police arrested a man Saturday accused of fatally shooting another man on Aug. 5, according to an arrest warrant.
The warrant says Jermaine York, 30, shot the victim, Earl Brown, twice in the head about 3:15 p.m. in the parking lot outside Brown’s apartment at 1633 Cedar Lake Drive.
Witness statements identified York as the shooter, the warrant says.
York, 1614 Emmaline Drive, was booked into Parish Prison on a count of second-degree murder, according to booking records.
Brown, 30, was a New Orleans native who shared his apartment with his longtime girlfriend and 1-year-old son, family members said.
Authorities book 14 on suspicion of DWI
Authorities arrested at least 14 people suspected of driving while intoxicated in East Baton Rouge Parish and booked them into Parish Prison between 2:30 p.m. Friday and 2:30 p.m. Saturday, booking records show. Those booked and the counts against them:
- Julien Bass, 21, 36471 Crestway Drive, Prairieville, second-offense DWI, reckless driving.
- Boisey Beverly, 59, 577 Fontainbleau Drive, first-offense DWI.
- Jean Burrell, 55, 3043 Vancouver Drive, first-offense DWI.
- Daniel Cavalier, 44, 8901 Rockway Drive, first-offense DWI and improper lane usage.
- Scott Chauvin, 54, 1540 N. Woodcrest Ave., Denham Springs, first-offense DWI and seat belt violation.
- Curtis Doiron, 23, 733 Hazel Place, Terrytown, second-offense DWI.
- Arthur Eackels, 29, 3221 Addison St., first-offense DWI and driver’s license suspended or revoked.
- Edward Haire, 56, 9944 Mollylea Drive, second-offense DWI and reckless driving.
- Jonathan Harts, 29, 740 Fontainbleau Drive, first-offense DWI and driver’s license required.
- Robert Hudson, 64, 412 Plantation Road, Thibodaux, first-offense DWI, reckless driving and failure to signal.
- Patrick Maranto, 59, 16352 Old Hammond Highway, first-offense DWI, reckless driving and disobeying a police officer.
- Ramiro Perez, 20, 615 Florida Blvd., Denham Springs, first-offense DWI, drinking in a motor vehicle and driver’s license not in possession.
- Jeffrey Rayford, 22, 16814 Stephanie Drive, first-offense DWI and seat belt violation.
- Luis Villareal, 28, 853 Hammond Manor Drive, first-offense DWI, driver’s license not in possession and drinking in a motor vehicle.
Compiled from staff reports. To talk to a crime reporter at The Advocate, call (225) 388-0369.