August 06, 2012
- LEADERSHIP LUNCHEON: Noon, Drusilla Restaurant, 3482 Drusilla Lane. Catholic Community Radio Inc. will sponsor a monthly luncheon where local business and civic leaders will present updates on local, regional and state issues. The first luncheon is Monday and will feature William Jenkins talking about the flagship agenda at LSU. Lunch is $14 per person. For reservations, call (225) 448-3754.
- BATON ROUGE PRESS CLUB: Noon, De La Ronde Hall, 320 Third St. Patricia Husband and Mary Stein, assistant directors for the East Baton Rouge Parish Library System, will discuss the status of the system’s search for a new director and the library’s various construction projects. Husband and Stein will also talk about library trends and library resources like the system’s digital historic newspapers. Lunch, which is served at 11:30 a.m., is $12 for members and $15 for nonmembers.
- REFLECTIONS IN THE GARDEN LECTURE: Noon to 1 p.m., Burden Center Conference Room, 4560 Essen Lane. The topic for the lecture will be “The Green Garden: Recycling in the Garden,” which will be presented by Dan Gill. Participants should bring their own lunch. The center will provide the drinks. The cost is $10 for guests and free for members. For more information, call (225) 763-3990 or visit http://burdenhorticulturesociety.com.
- CAT HAVEN ADOPTIONS: Noon to 6 p.m., Cat Haven Adoption Center, 11130 N. Harrell’s Ferry Road. For more information, visit http://www.cathaven.org.
- PROJECT PURR CAT ADOPTIONS: 5:30 p.m. to 8 p.m., Mall of Louisiana Adoption Center, second floor by Dillard’s, 6401 Bluebonnet Blvd. For more information, visit http://www.projectpurr.org.
- INDEPENDENT FILM SERIES: 7 p.m. to 9 p.m., Manship Theatre, Shaw Center for the Arts, 100 Lafayette St. The film series will bring independent films to Baton Rouge in partnership with Emerging Cinema. This week’s film is “Your Sister’s Sister.” Tickets are $8 each. For more information, call (225) 344-0334 or visit http://www.manshiptheatre.org.