Marshals arrest man in May shooting
A man accused of shooting another man three times May 13 on Curtis Street has been arrested, according to an arrest warrant.
Landis Breaux, 39, 3730 Byron St., was booked by U.S. marshals into Parish Prison on one count each of attempted second-degree murder and illegal use of a weapon, booking records show.
The victim went to 2741 Curtis St. on May 13 to repay a debt to a friend when he got into an argument with Breaux and began fighting him, the warrant says.
Breaux went to his vehicle to get a gun, the warrant says. The victim started running away but was hit three times when Breaux fired five shots at him.
Orlando Drive house fire starts in attic
An electrical malfunction may have caused a house fire late Friday on Orlando Drive, the Baton Rouge Fire Department said.
Firefighters were called to 1550 Orlando Drive at 11:14 p.m. to find a fire that started in the home’s attic, Fire Department spokesman Robert Combs said.
Although the attic was severely damaged, most of the damage was contained to that area and a small portion of the hall near the attic, Combs said.
Authorities arrest 6 suspected of DWI
Authorities arrested at least six people suspected of driving while intoxicated in East Baton Rouge Parish and booked them into Parish Prison between 2:30 p.m. Friday and 2:30 p.m. Saturday, booking records show.
Those booked and the counts against them:
- Ali Al-Yousef, 19, 3135 Highland Road, first-offense DWI and disobeying a red light.
- Chase Hall, 20, 361 Sadie Douglas Lane, Shreveport, first-offense DWI, reckless operation of a vehicle, failure to yield on a private drive and purchase of alcohol by a juvenile.
- Jose Hernandez, 26, 8958 Eastover St., Denham Springs, first-offense DWI, seat belt violation, failure to maintain control, possession of alcohol in a vehicle, driver’s license required and operating a vehicle without lawful presence in the United States.
- Jacob McGehee, 20, 17602 Greens Court, first-offense DWI, reckless operation of a vehicle and speeding.
- Craig Mills, 30, 863 Pintail St., first-offense DWI, reckless operation of a vehicle and improper lane usage.
- David Williams, 44, 2310 Willow St., second-offense DWI, driver’s license suspended or revoked and reckless operation of a vehicle.
Compiled from staff reports. To talk to a crime reporter at The Advocate, call (225) 388-0369.