Man, 22, arrested in beating, death threat
Police arrested a 22-year-old man Saturday accused of kicking in the front door of an apartment, beating the resident inside with a wrench and threatening to kill him, according to an affidavit of probable cause.
Police said Samuel Ancar, 4343 Denham St., broke into another apartment in the Spanish Arms Apartments complex about 2:10 a.m. Saturday and assaulted the man inside with a wrench. Ancar then allegedly beat and pulled a knife on one of his own relatives who had tried to break up the fight, the affidavit states.
Ancar caused eight lacerations to the victim’s head with the wrench, the affidavit states. Medical personnel told police the victim’s wounds would require staples.
While police were transporting Ancar to the 4th District station for processing, Ancar told the officer he lives “by his own set of laws and he did what he needed to do,” the affidavit states.
Police said Ancar also expressed regret at having not killed the victim and that when he gets released from prison, he would kill the victim.
“Y’all should be investigating a murder instead of taking me to jail,” Ancar told police in the car, the affidavit states.
Ancar was booked into Parish Prison on counts of attempted second-degree murder, home invasion, simple battery and aggravated assault, booking records show.
10 arrested on DWI counts; 2 3rd-offense
Authorities arrested at least 10 people suspected of driving while intoxicated — including two booked with third-offense DWI — in East Baton Rouge Parish and booked them into Parish Prison between 2:30 p.m. Friday and 2:30 p.m. Saturday, booking records show.
Those booked and the counts against them:
- Darryl Alex, 44, 644 Lounita St., third-offense DWI, failure to signal, improper turn and ignition interlock device turned off.
- Mitchel Alford, 22, 752 Napoleon Drive, first-offense DWI, possession of marijuana, failure to signal, improper turn and driver’s license not in possession.
- Chikira Bowers, 27, 12400 Jefferson Highway, first-offense DWI, driver’s license suspended or revoked, commercial vehicle registration expired and improper lane usage.
- Molly Clark, 23, 754 John Henry Drive, first-offense DWI and improper lane usage.
- Wayne Clark, 43, 2775 Indiana St., third-offense DWI, driver’s license suspended or revoked and seat belt violation.
- Walter Durham, 41, 1245 Marilyn Drive, second-offense DWI, failure to signal, speeding and reckless operation of a vehicle.
- Marc Muniz, 29, 306 Teal Court, Mandeville, second-offense DWI, wrong way down a one-way street, driver’s license suspended or revoked, drinking in a motor vehicle and reckless operation of a vehicle.
- Kendrick Paul, 30, 8649 St. Paul St., New Roads, first-offense DWI, driver’s license suspended or revoked, possession of alcohol in a vehicle and commercial vehicle registration expired.
- Carle Robbins, 27, 13761 Barrie Ave., Denham Springs, first-offense DWI, possession of alcohol in a vehicle and improper lane usage.
- Bryan Robins, 24, 3067 Blackwell Drive, first-offense DWI and improper lane usage.
Compiled from staff reports. To talk to a crime reporter at The Advocate, call (225) 388-0369.