Police arrest man, 22, in April shooting
A man accused of shooting at two people while chasing them in the 2400 block of Fairchild Street in April has been arrested, according to an a warrant.
Michael Jackson, 22, 1654 Curtis St., was booked Thursday by police on two counts of attempted second-degree murder and one count of illegal use of a firearm, parish prison records show.
According to the warrant, Jackson and a another person chased the victims and fired at them multiple times.
One of the victims told police that Jackson was trying to shoot him because of an ongoing feud between Jackson and the victim’s cousin, the warrant says.
18-year-old accused of sexual battery
An 18-year-old man from Gonzales has been booked in the sexual battery of a 17-year-old girl, according to an arrest warrant.
Trevis Keandre Hargrove, 16317 Tillotson Road, was booked by police with two counts of sexual battery and two counts of obscenity, Parish Prison records show.
According to the warrant, the assaults occurred at a business on Berlin Drive sometime between Dec. 15 and Feb. 2.
Hargrove is accused of pulling out his penis and grabbing the victim’s hand and pulling her toward it, the warrant says. Both times the victim was able to get free.
10 DWI suspects booked into prison
Authorities arrested at least 10 people suspected of driving while intoxicated in East Baton Rouge Parish and booked them into Parish Prison between 2:30 p.m. Thursday and 2:30 p.m. Friday, booking records show.
Those booked and the counts against them:
- Gilbert Andre, 44, 16035 Confederate Ave., first-offense DWI, disobeying control device, improper lane usage, seatbelt violation, reckless operation of a vehicle, disobeying a red light, resisting an officer and driver’s license suspended/revoked.
- Evelyn Banta, 35, 24150 Calvin Street, Plaquemine, first-offense DWI, improper lane usage, disobeying a red light and failure to signal/improper turn.
- Barwick Barfield, 27, 5134 Woodlake Drive, first-offense DWI, improper lane usage and reckless operation of a vehicle.
- Peter Gautro, 32, 7470 Pecan Grove Drive, Denham Springs, second-offense DWI, improper lane usage, careless driving, drinking in public and failure to maintain control of a vehicle.
- Brandy Gill, 28, 4781 Highland Road, first-offense DWI, obstruction on highway, motor vehicle inspection expired, careless driving and disobeying a red light.
- Alexander Howard, 24, 18870 Bienville Court, first-offense DWI, driver’s license required, improper lane usage and license plate switched.
- Connor Johnson, 18, 5273 Glenburne Drive, first-offense DWI, headlight required and reckless operation of a vehicle.
- Roland McCown, 19, 408 Fairmont Drive, Bossier City, first-offense DWI, disobeying a red light and reckless operation of a vehicle.
- Dijon Pickens, 26, 8825 GSRI Ave., first-offense DWI, obstructing traffic and reckless operation of a vehicle.
- Jessie Williams, 59, 1121 N. 29th St., first-offense DWI and seatbelt violation.
Compiled from staff reports. To talk to a crime reporter at The Advocate, call (225) 388-0369.