Police: Man accused of sex with juvenile
Baton Rouge police arrested a Baton Rouge man Friday accused of sexually assaulting a 14-year-old girl in April, according to an arrest warrant.
Berry Jones, 21, of 2754 Fairfields Ave., was booked with felony carnal knowledge of a juvenile, parish jail records show.
The incident occurred behind Jones’ house, the warrant says.
Authorities arrest seven on DWI counts
Authorities arrested at least seven people suspected of driving while intoxicated in East Baton Rouge Parish and booked them into Parish Prison between 2:30 p.m. Friday and 2:30 p.m. Saturday, booking records show.
Those booked and the counts against them:
- Leon Albritton, 54, 635 N. 11th St., first-offense DWI, improper lane usage, reckless operation of a vehicle, driver’s license required or expired and registration required in vehicle.
- Tina Gros, 40, 6658 Flynn Road, Port Allen, first-offense DWI and disobeying a red light.
- Azad Hussain, 23, 701 Amber Drive, Lake Charles, first-offense DWI and failure to maintain control.
- Vicki Jones, 59, 260 Isaac Lane, Livingston, first-offense DWI and improper lane usage.
- Dantre Lewis, 22, 11385 Pamela Drive, first-offense DWI, improper lane usage and following too close.
- Jerry Temple, 52, 24990 Merchant Road, Denham Springs, second-offense DWI and stopping a vehicle in a roadway.
- Clyde Washington, 45, 215 Ship Drive, second-offense DWI, open container violation, possession of marijuana and insurance required.
Compiled from staff reports. To talk to a crime reporter at The Advocate, call (225) 388-0369.