Sep 2, 2014 20:05 Lafayette schools taken off lockdown Lafayette schools taken off lockdown Advocate staff photo by BRAD BOWIE -- A unit belonging to the Carencro Police Department is seen parked in front of Carencro High School on Wednesday after the school was placed on lockdown due to a threat of violence. Paul Breaux Middle School and the W.D. Smith Career Center were also locked down after a threatening phone call was made. KATC-TV news report Sept. 02, 2014 Comments CARENCRO — An “all clear” has been given to lift a lockdown that had been ordered at Carencro High, the W.D. Smith Career Center and Paul Breaux Middle School following an anonymous threat, authorities said. Lafayette Parish Schools System administrators said they were notified of the threatening call at Carencro High shortly before 10 a.m. and put their crisis management plan into effect immediately. The W.D. Smith Career Center was also put on lockdown after a student there reported hearing the same thing happening at Carencro was going to happen at W.D. Smith. Paul Breaux Middle School, which is located next to the W.D. Smith Career Center, had put themselves on lockdown as well as a precaution, according to officials at the school. The students were referencing a movie called “The Purge” in reports about the threat.