Electrical fire leaves bedroom, car damaged

An electrical short sparked flames in a home’s bedroom on Wisteria Street Sunday — and the heat from the flames damaged a parked car outside, the Baton Rouge Fire Department announced.

The bedroom and one of its walls were destroyed by the fire in the 1700 block of Wisteria Street, and the rest of the home was heavily damaged by smoke, causing $35,000 in damage, said Curt Monte, a Fire Department spokesman.

One person who lived alone at the house was uninjured, Monte said.