Aug 18, 2014 15:13 Broken light bulb ignites house fire Broken light bulb ignites house fire Advocate staff report| Aug. 18, 2014 Comments A broken light bulb ignited a house fire on Beech Street late Friday, but the homeowner escaped unharmed, the Fire Department said. The fire at 4655 Beech St., started about 10:10 p.m. Friday, Mark Miles, a Baton Rouge Fire Department spokesman, said Saturday. Firefighters encountered smoke when they got into the home and flames in a rear bedroom. “The owner informed them that she had been in that room earlier and bumped the bed causing a lamp to fall over and the light bulb broke,” the release says. Fire and heavy smoke damaged the home, estimated to be worth $120,000 before the fire. The Fire Department estimated damage to be $65,000, the release says.