Banana Nut Bread
Makes 1 large loaf or 4 small loaves; 6 to 8 servings. Recipe is from Lesley Ferachi Gremillion who says she got it from Amy Alello Monett.
2 to 3 large ripe bananas
1/2 cup butter
1 cup sugar
2 whole eggs, beaten lightly
1/2 tsp. salt
2 cups all-purpose flour
1 tsp. soda
2 tsps. vanilla
1 cup chopped pecans or walnuts
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Mash bananas and sprinkle lemon juice over them to prevent them from turning brown.
2. In a separate bowl, cream butter and sugar then add eggs and salt.
3. Sift the flour and soda and add to the butter mix. Beat well and then add vanilla and pecans.
4. Carefully fold the bananas into the butter mixture. Make sure not to over2mix.
5. Grease and flour a loaf pan and add batter, filling 3/4 full. Bake until a toothpick comes out clean, about 35 minutes.