Serves 16. Recipe is provided by TheWineBar.com.
1 tsp. water
1 sheet frozen puff pastry, thawed
5 tbls. plus 1 tsp. semisoft cheese with garlic and fine herbs
2⁄ 3 cup canned diced pears, drained and thinly sliced
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper and set aside. For egg wash, in a small bowl, lightly whisk together egg and 1 teaspoon water. Set aside.
2. Unroll puff pastry sheet on a lightly floured surface. Using a rolling pin, roll puff pastry into a 14-inch-by-10-inch rectangle. Cut into 16 (3-inch-by-2-inch) rectangles.
3. Spread 1 teaspoon of the semisoft cheese in the middle of a pastry rectangle. Top with 2 teaspoons of the pears. Using a pastry brush, brush egg wash around the perimeter of the puff pastry rectangle. Bring corners of the pastry to the center and pinch seams together. Repeat to make 16 puffs.
4. Arrange puffs, seam sides up, on prepared baking sheets. Refrigerate for 15 minutes. Remove from refrigerator and brush tops with remaining egg wash.
5. Bake for 20 to 25 minutes or until puffed and golden brown. Remove from oven and cool for 5 minutes. Serve warm.