Grill Planked Brie With Fire-roasted
Peaches, Blueberries & Pecans
Serves 6 as an appetizer. Recipe is by chef Tony Matassa.
1 maple, cedar or cherry plank
1 (6-inch) wheel of brie
1/2 cup fresh blueberries
1/4 cup pecans
Butter, for grilling
Crostini or crackers, for serving
1. Prepare grill or oven and plank for 350 degrees indirect cooking.
2. Halve the peaches, remove the pits and brush the cut sides with melted butter.
3. Place peaches directly on the grill, cut side down and grill for 3 to 5 minutes. Remove, cool slightly and rough chop.
4. Remove the top rind of the brie and cover with blueberries, chopped peaches and pecans.
5. Place brie on prepared and preheated grilling plank and place on the grill, closing the lid. Grill for 8 to 10 minutes, or just until the sides begin to ooze.
6. Remove from grill, carefully spray the bottom of the plank with water and serve brie with crostini or crackers.