1Avocado and Grapefruit Salad
Makes 4 servings. Recipe is from the Georgia Pecan Commission.
For the salad:
1 to 2 heads Bibb lettuce, torn into bite sized pieces
1 bunch arugula, torn into bite sized pieces
2 Haas avocados, ripe but firm, peeled and cubed
2 ruby red or pink grapefruits, peeled and segmented, reserve excess juice
1/2 cup toasted pecan halves (toasted in a sauté pan)
1/4 cup minced fresh parsley
For the dressing:
2⁄3 cup extra virgin olive oil
1⁄3 cup red wine vinegar
3 tbls. juice from segmented grapefruit
Fresh ground salt and black pepper, to taste.
1. Arrange lettuce and arugula on large platter.
2. Arrange avocado and grapefruit segments on the bed of greens.
3. Combine ingredients for dressing and drizzle over entire salad.
4. Garnish with toasted pecans.
5. Add final garnish of minced parsley.