January 02, 2013
Chocolate Flan Cake II
Serves 18 to 20. Recipe is from http://www.eaglebrand.com. The flan in this recipe has less cream cheese, no whole milk and one less egg than the other Chocolate Flan Cake recipe.
Nonstick cooking spray
½ cup Smucker’s Caramel Flavored Topping
1 box Pillsbury Moist Supreme Devil’s Food Premium Cake MIx
1 cup water
½ cup vegetable oil
3 large eggs
4 ozs. cream cheese, softened to room temperature
4 large eggs, room temperature
1 (14-oz.) can sweetened condensed milk
1 (12-oz.) can evaporated milk
1 tsp. vanilla extract
1. Heat oven to 350 degrees. Coat 12-cup fluted tube pan with nonstick cooking spray. Place piece of rolled up foil in tube of pan to prevent cake from baking over top. Pour caramel into prepared pan.
2. Prepared cake mix according to package directions using the water, oil and eggs. Pour evenly over caramel topping.
3. Combine cream cheese, eggs, sweetened condensed milk and vanilla in blender container. Process until blended. Slowly pour over cake batter.
4. Coat piece of foil with nonstick cooking spray. Cover pan, coated side down, tightly with foil. Place pan in large roasting pan. Pour hot water into roasting pan to a depth of 2 inches.
5. Bake 2 hours or until toothpick in center still has a few moist crumbs. Place cake on cooling rack. Cool 15 minutes. Remove foil and invert onto serving plate. Be careful when inverting hot cake onto serving plate. Place plate upside down on top of pan; place another cooling rack on top then invert.
6. Cool 1 hour at room temperature. Chill 4 hours or overnight.