Feeds 8 to 10. Recipe is by Beth Colvin. This is a family favorite recipe that frequently shows up at holidays and parties.
1 (16-oz.) package spaghetti
1 onion, chopped
6 stalks celery, chopped
2 tsps. minced garlic
1 red bell pepper, chopped
1 lb. mushrooms, sliced
1/2 tbl. basil
Salt and black pepper, to taste
2 cups chopped, cooked turkey
1 (10.75-oz.) can condensed cream of mushroom soup
1 (10.75-oz.) can condensed cream of chicken soup
1 cup water or chicken/turkey broth
2 (4.5-oz.) cans chopped black olives, drained
1 (4-oz.) jar pimentos, drained
1/2 lb. processed cheese, cubed
2 cups grated cheddar
1. Cook spaghetti in boiling salted water according to package directions.
2. In a large pot coated with nonstick cooking spray, sweat onion, celery and bell pepper until soft. Add mushrooms, basil and seasonings, cover, and cook 10 minutes.
3. Stir in the turkey, soup, water or broth, olives and pimentos and cook until heated through. Add the cheese and continue to cook until melted.
4. Add in the cooked spaghetti and stir until well combined.
5. Spray a 9-by-13-inch casserole dish with cooking spray, then pour in the spaghetti. Top with grated cheddar.
6. Bake in a 350-degree oven for 30 minutes.