Quick Shrimp Sauté
Serves 6. Recipe is by Corinne Cook.
1 (7-oz.) box Konriko Wild Pecan Brown Rice, made according to package directions, optional
2½ to 3 cups cooked pasta, optional
2 lbs. large shrimp
5 tbls. butter
3 tbls. olive oil
4 cloves garlic, minced
½ tsp. dried basil
1 tsp. dried oregano
Salt, black pepper and cayenne pepper to taste
1⁄3 cup vermouth or white wine
¼ to 1⁄3 cup chopped fresh parsley
½ cup Parmesan cheese, optional
1. If you’re serving shrimp on rice or pasta, prepare it first so the hot shrimp can be served over it. Peel and devein shrimp and set aside.
2. In large skillet, melt butter and add olive oil, garlic, basil and oregano. Heat until garlic is cooked but not browned. Turn heat to medium-high and add peeled shrimp, salt, black pepper and cayenne to taste and quickly sauté until shrimp is pink and cooked through.
3. Add vermouth or wine and chopped parsley. Stir and check for seasoning. Add more if necessary.
4. Serve alone or over a small bed of cooked brown rice or pasta.
5. Sprinkle Parmesan over the top if desired.