Grilled Redfish With Crawfish-Oyster Sauce Over Grilled Asparagus
Serves 16. Recipe is from Ascension Parish 4-H.
For the sauce:
2 tbls. olive oil
1/2 cup red onion, chopped
1/2 cup red bell pepper, chopped
1 tbl. minced fresh garlic
1 lb. crawfish tails, peeled
1/2 lb. fresh mushrooms, sliced
1/2 cup Sauvignon Blanc wine
2 cups whipping cream
3/4 tsp. fresh oregano, chopped
3 tsps. fresh sweet basil, chopped
1/2 tsp. crushed red pepper
1/4 tsp. Louisiana hot sauce
1 tsp. salt
1 pint oysters, well drained
6 fresh green onions, chopped
1 tbl. fresh parsley, chopped
Zest of half a lemon
1. In a 12-inch skillet, sauté onion, bell pepper and garlic in olive oil, about 3 to 4 minutes. Add crawfish tails and mushrooms, sauté another 3 to 4 minutes.
2. Pour in wine, simmer and reduce liquid by half.
4. Pour cream into a mixing bowl and add the oregano, basil, red pepper, hot sauce and salt.
5. Add seasoned cream and oysters to the crawfish mixture and simmer about 5 minutes until crawfish and oysters are cooked. Remove from heat and stir in green onions, parsley and lemon zest. Set aside and keep warm.
For the redfish:
8 (1/2-to-3/4 lb.) redfish fillets
4 tbls. Cajun seasoning
4 tbls. butter and olive oil mixture
Coat fillets on both sides with Cajun seasoning. Heat the butter and olive oil in a grill pan, then cook fish 4 to 5 minutes on each side.
For the grilled asparagus:
11/2 lbs. fresh asparagus
Juice of 1 lemon
1 tsp. sea salt
1. Trip the asparagus as needed, then spray the stalks with cooking spray. Sprinkle salt and lemon juice over stalks.
2. Heat a grilling pan and cook the asparagus for 5 minutes, turning often to ensure even cooking.
3. Remove and arrange on serving plates. Place a 3 oz. serving of redfish on top, then top with sauce.