Recipe is from FamilyFun magazine. Surprise Dad with a personalized cookie pop made from Nilla Wafers and a chocolate filling.
2 tbls. chocolate chips for each Lollypapa
Lollipop sticks (available at craft stores)
Fruit chews and soft candies, such as Tootsie Roll Midgees and Spice Drops
Edible food marker in black
Card stock cut in shape of shirt
1. Microwave 2 tablespoons chocolate chips according to the package directions. Use a spoon to spread about a teaspoon of the chocolate on the back of a Nilla Wafer.
2. Center a lollipop stick in the chocolate, then place another cookie on top. Let the chocolate set.
3. Mold and snip fruit chews and soft candy like Tootsie Roll Midgees, Tootsie Fruit Rolls and Spice Drops to make hair and other features.
4. If needed, reheat the remaining chocolate in 10-second bursts until it’s melted, then transfer it to a zipper-type plastic bag. Snip off the corner of the bag, then pipe on the chocolate to attach the candy pieces and white confetti sprinkle eyes.
5. Use black edible food marker to draw pupils and other details. Finish by taping a card stock shirt to the lollipop stick.