11/4 cups plus 1 tbl. thick and chunky medium salsa
1 tbl. plus 2 tsps. taco sauce
1/2 cup sour cream
1 tbl. lime juice
1 cup shredded lettuce
1. Slice polenta in half. Slice each half into six rounds, about 1/2-inch thick, so you have 12 rounds total.
2. Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Gently slide each polenta round into the hot oil using a spatula. Fry for 5 minutes per side or until golden brown and cooked through. Remove from oil and drain on paper towel-lined sheet tray.
3. In a medium bowl, combine beans, salsa and 2 teaspoons taco sauce. Mash beans with a fork.
4. In a small bowl, combine sour cream, remaining taco sauce and lime juice, and mix until well blended.
5. Spread 2 tablespoons mashed black beans on top of a fried polenta round. Top with a pinch of shredded lettuce and about 1 tablespoon of salsa, and drizzle with some sour cream mixture.