JAYCEES KICKBALL TOURNEY
- WHAT: Kickball fundraiser for Nothing But Nets, a campaign to raise awareness and money to fight malaria.
- WHEN: 6:30 p.m. Tuesday, July 1
- WHERE: Ponchatoula Recreation Park
INFORMATION: EMAIL MRIGGS@USJAYCEES.ORG OR CALL (985) 634-0043.
DETAILS: THE KICKBALL TOURNAMENT IS SPONSORED BY THE PONCHATOULA JAYCEES, ALONG WITH THE U.S. JAYCEES AND NOTHING BUT NETS. THE EVENT IS PART OF THE BUZZ TOUR 2.0 INVOLVING MEMBERS OF THE U.S. JAYCEES AND NOTHING BUT NETS TOURING THE COUNTRY MEETING WITH STATE SENATORS AND CONGRESSMEN AND TEAMING UP WITH LOCAL JAYCEE CHAPTERS TO RAISE MONEY FOR THEIR CAUSE. TEAMS WILL CONSIST OF 12 PLAYERS FOR $10 PER PERSON. PROCEEDS WILL BE USED TO SEND BED NETS TO AREAS IN THE WORLD WHERE MALARIA IS THE LEADING CAUSE OF DEATH AMONG CHILDREN.
- WHAT: The Giving Quilt Biennial Show deadlines announcement
- WHEN: Show is Feb. 7-8. Deadline to submit quilts for the show is Jan. 23.
- INFORMATION: thegivingquiltinc.org
- DETAILS: Start quilting now to be ready for next year’s show, which will be held at the Lamar Dixon Expo Center in Gonzales. Cash prizes will be awarded for first place. Guidelines include: Quilts must be suitable for a child and may be sized for a tot to a teen; quilts must be made using a recognizable amount of Andover Fabrics Dimples Collection R7; prewash challenge fabric to eliminate excess dyes; quilts must be donated to the children’s charity of the quilt maker’s choice.