- WHAT: Concert by the U.S. Army Band known as “Pershing’s Own”
- WHEN: 7 p.m. Monday, May 19
- WHERE: LSU’s new Tiger Band Hall, near the corner of Highland Road and Aster Street
- ADMISSION: Free, no tickets required
- INFORMATION: (225) 578-3838
DETAILS: THE CONCERT IS BILLED AS A LOUISIANA MUSICAL TRIBUTE TO LOUISIANA VETERANS. SWAMP ROMP WAS FORMED IN THE LATE 1990S BY LOUISIANA EXPATRIATES AND LSU ALUMNI HARRY WATTERS ON TROMBONE AND GRAHAM BREEDLOVE ON TRUMPET. THE PROGRAM IS A GUMBO OF MUSIC AND ORIGINAL COMPOSITIONS.
- WHAT: Central Bloomers Garden Club plant sale
- WHEN: 8 a.m. to 1 p.m. Saturday, May 24
- WHERE: 16524 Quiet Oaks Ave., Greenwell Springs.
- INFORMATION: (225) 261-9208
BROWNSTONE CHARITY GALA
- WHAT: Fundraiser for Cancer Services of Greater Baton Rouge and Youth Oasis.
- WHEN: 6 p.m. Friday, June 6
- WHERE: Baton Rouge Gallery, 1515 Dalrymple Drive
- TICKETS: $10. eventbrite.com
- INFORMATION: Ericka Corbett at (443) 621-2020 or email brownstonePRevents@gmail.com
- DETAILS: Food and drinks will be provided along with entertainment at the event. Formal and semiformal attire requested. Cancer Services of Greater Baton Rouge is a nonprofit organization that provides refuge for individuals and their families while and after they battle cancer. The Youth Oasis is a local organization that provides emergency shelter and support services for runaway, abandoned and homeless youth ages 10-25.
- WHAT: Take the Lead for Our Kids fundraiser for the Academic Distinction Fund
- WHEN: 7 p.m. Saturday, June 7
- WHERE: Team Automotive Sportsplex, 7122 Perkins Road.
- TICKETS/INFO: $100; $50 for current teachers and graduate students. adfbr.org
- DETAILS: This new event for the nonprofit ADF is designed to replicate a prom night, highlighted by the announcement of a king, queen and court. There will be live music, live and silent auctions, dance entertainment and more. ADF’s goal is to raise money for early education in East Baton Rouge Parish. ADF promotes academic achievement for all students, encourages best practices in education, supports teachers in their work and professional growth and fosters improved teaching and learning in public schools.