- WHAT: Greater Baton Rouge Area Military Officers Association of America meeting
- WHEN: 11:30 a.m. Tuesday, May 27
- WHERE: Drusilla Restaurant, 3482 Drusilla Lane
- INFORMATION: (225) 766-4900
- DETAILS: Guest speaker will be retired Col. Tom Moore, who will talk about and show slides from local and national cemeteries, discuss members of the military missing in action and talk about how to locate military graves. A memorial service to honor members who have died during the past year will be held and their names added to the Chapter Memorial Plaque in Nicholson Post No. 38 of the American Legion, 151 Wooddale Blvd.
- WHAT: Our Lady of the Lake College is soliciting nominations for its 2014 Annual Awards to recognize an outstanding community service leader and exceptional Our Lady of the Lake College alumni
- WHEN: Nominations deadline is Friday, June 6
- INFORMATION: Nomination forms are available and may be submitted online at ololcollege.edu or to the Office of Institutional Advancement, 5414 Brittany Drive, Baton Rouge, LA 70808, or by email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Submit nominations for the Franciscan Impact Award, Distinguished Alumni Award and Distinguished Recent Alumni Award (which recognizes graduates from 2003-2013). Award winners will be recognized at the 2014 Our Lady of the Lake College Annual Luncheon.
RESCUE BANK RAFFLE
- WHAT: Raffle to benefit Rescue Bank of Baton Rouge, which provides pet food to no-kill pet shelters
- WHEN: Raffle at 3 p.m. June 6
- TICKETS: $5 or three for $12. Available at Government Street Hardware, AVS Veterinary Services, Greco’s Pet Supplies, Garden District Animal Hospital, Salon at 7 Oaks, Bocage Animal Hospital, Pet Plaza, Jefferson Animal Hospital, Catholic Book Store, Doggie Play Camp, All Pets Animal Hospital, Garden District Nursery, Petropolitan and Zolia’s Restaurant & Bar.
- PRIZES: First — one-week stay at North Carolina lake house; second — three-day, two-night stay at Gulf-front condo in Orange Beach, Alabama; third — portrait of your pet by Simon Baxter; fourth — $200 gift certificate to Juban’s Restaurant; fifth — $75 gift card to Zolia and a one-year supply of air-conditioning filter from Air Filter Serivce.
- INFORMATION: rescuebankbr.org
FLEUR DE LIS
- WHAT: Quarterly meeting of Fleur de Lis, a social group of retirees from Exxon/ExxonMobil/Mobil
- WHEN: 10:30 a.m. Tuesday, June 10. Fellowship followed by a brief business meeting and lunch.
- WHERE: LSU’s Lod Cook Alumni Center, 3838 W. Lakeshore Drive
- INFORMATION: Hugh McClain, president, (225) 752-1811 or Angie Corvers (225) 445-7502
- DETAILS: Fleur de Lis membership is open to all retirees from Humble Oil, Esso, Exxon, ExxonMobil and Mobil.