AT THE ZOO
- WHAT: Mother’s Day at the Zoo
- WHEN: 9:30 a.m. to 5 p.m. Sunday, May 11
- WHERE: BREC’s Baton Rouge Zoo, 3601 Thomas Road
- ADMISSION: Adults/Teens - $8.25; seniors - $7.25; children ages 2-12 - $5.25; 1 and younger - free
- INFORMATION: (225) 775-3877 or brzoo.org
- DETAILS: The first 100 moms who enter the zoo will receive a flower. There will be “mom and me” Safari Amphitheater programs and crafts making for mom.
COME HEAR SMILEY
- WHAT: OLLI at LSU Feliciana Chapter Coffee
WHEN: 10 A.M. WEDNESDAY, MAY 14
WHERE: FIRST BAPTIST CHURCH, 12404 LA. 10, ST. FRANCISVILLE
- INFORMATION: Barbara Glass, email@example.com or (225) 634-1059
- DETAILS: Smiley Anders, columnist for The Advocate, will be the guest speaker. Open to the public.
- WHAT: VIPink fundraiser for Susan G. Komen Acadiana
- WHEN: 7 p.m. Saturday, May 17
- WHERE: Cypress Bayou Casino and Hotel, 832 Martin Luther King Road, Charenton
- TICKETS: (337) 993-5745
- DETAILS: The annual event celebrates the success and fundraising efforts of Race for the Cure. There will be cocktails, a dinner, a silent auction, black jack and live entertainment by New Orleans’ Phunky Monkeys. The 2014 Susan G. Komen grantees also will be announced.