FIELD HOUSE PLAN
- WHAT: Presentation of master plan for LSU Huey P. Long Field House.
- WHEN: 6:30 p.m. Wednesday, May 7. Reception starts at 6 p.m.
- WHERE: Old Governor’s Mansion, 502 North Blvd.
- REGISTRATION: Free, but registration encouraged at fhl.org or (225) 387-2464.
DETAILS: THE PLAN CALLS FOR THE POOL AREA TO BE RE-CREATED GREEN SPACE WITH WATER FEATURES, AND SAVES THE UNIQUE BRICK STRUCTURE, CONVERTING IT TO FACULTY OFFICES, CLASSROOMS AND OPEN LEISURE SPACE FOR THE LSU COMMUNITY.
- WHAT: Stamp Out Hunger food drive.
- WHEN: Saturday, May 10.
- WHERE: Your mailbox.
- DETAILS: For the 22nd year, the National Association of Letter Carriers will collect non-perishable foods left next to mailboxes and bring them to the local food bank. The drive aims to help those in need during the critical summer months when food supply is depleted, an especially important effort considering that nearly 49 million Americans are at risk of hunger, according to the USDA.
- WHAT: A fundraising gala benefiting Companion Animal Alliance of Baton Rouge.
- WHEN: 6:30 p.m. Saturday, May 10.
- WHERE: Crowne Plaza, 4728 Constitution Ave.
- TICKETS/INFO: $125 per person; $200 per couple; $75 per dog. furballbr.org.
- DETAILS: Event includes live entertainment, silent auction, Petz Plaza pet spa and photos with your pet. Black-tie optional.
MOTHER’S DAY BRUNCH
- WHAT: Betty Smothers Mother’s Day Brunch and Artisan Market, hosted by Warrick Dunn Charities.
- WHEN: 11 a.m. Sunday, May 11.
- WHERE: Lake House Reception Center, 12323 Old Hammond Highway.
- TICKETS/INFO: $40 for adults, $20 for youngsters 4-13. Visit bettysbrunch.eventbrite.com.
- DETAILS: Event includes live music, speciality goods, shopping and family friendly activities, such as face painting and buffet-style brunch. Proceeds will benefit the mission-based programs and initiatives of the Warrick Dunn Charities, including Homes for the Holidays, which makes home ownership attainable for single parents, and Betty’s Hope, which offers grief support in a peer-group environment to children and teens.
CHAMPAGNE AND BEER STROLL
- WHAT: Fundraiser for McMains Children’s Developmental Center.
- WHEN: 6-9 p.m. Thursday, May 15.
- WHERE: McMains Children’s Developmental Center, 1805 College Drive.
- TICKETS: $65 per person; $100 per couple. Visit eventbrite.com.
- DETAILS: Events, which includes music and food, celebrates the center’s 60th anniversary.