- WHAT: Luncheon for the Baton Rouge Area Military Officers Association of America.
- WHEN: 11:30 a.m. Tuesday, April 29.
- WHERE: Drusilla Restaurant, 3482 Drusilla Lane.
- INFORMATION: Call Jackie O’Quinn, (225) 766-4900.
- DETAILS: Lt. Col. Dwight W. Pertuit Jr. of LSU’s Air Force ROTC will speak.
- WHAT: Beat the Odds Casino Night & Silent Auction to benefit the Mental Health Association for Greater Baton Rouge.
- WHEN: 7:30 p.m. Saturday, May 3.
- WHERE: Capitol Park Welcome Center, 702 N. River Road.
- TICKETS: $50. Visit mhagbr.com or call (225) 929-7674.
- DETAILS: There will be food by Heirloom Cuisine, cocktails, silent auction and a raffle. All proceeds support programs and services for individuals with mental illness and substance addictions in the community. Each guest receives $250 in play money for blackjack, craps, roulette and Texas Hold ‘Em.
LINKS FOR LITERACY
- WHAT: Links for Literacy golf tournament to benefit Adult Literacy Advocates.
- WHEN: 11 a.m. Monday, May 5.
- WHERE: Copper Mill Golf Club, 2100 Copper Mill Drive, Zachary.
- SIGN UP: Players can sign up for $125 each or $500 per foursome, which includes 18 holes of golf, a golf gift bag, clubhouse luncheon, dinner and awards presentation. Players can sign up at the event, but advance registration is recommended to guarantee a spot. Register at adultliteracyadvocates.org or call (225) 383-1090.
- DETAILS: Edwin Edwards, former governor and current congressional candidate, will be the celebrity guest. There will also be a Price Leblanc-sponsored hole-in-one contest for a chance to win a new car and an awards dinner.
- WHAT: 30th anniversary celebration for The Friendship Force of Baton Rouge.
- WHEN: 2-4 p.m. Sunday, May 4.
- WHERE: Woman’s Club, 259 East Blvd.
- ADMISSION: Free, open to public.
- INFORMATION: Call Frances Bennett, (225) 926-4710.
- DETAILS: The Friendship Force promotes world peace and an increased understanding of other cultures by home visits of ordinary citizens.
- WHAT: Tickets are now on sale for the benefit performance of “Annie” to benefit Volunteers In Public Schools.
- WHEN: 7 p.m. Wednesday, June 4. The social hour begins at 6 p.m.
- TICKETS: $35, includes a social hour with hors d’ouevres and beverages. Visit vips.ebrschools.org or call (225) 226-4700.
- DETAILS: VIPS is an independent nonprofit that works to foster student success and build support for public education.