GET YOUR MARDI GRAS DOG
- WHAT: Half-price adoption prices on dogs with purchase of a Marsh Dog treat.
- WHEN: Through March 9.
- WHERE: 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. everyday at Companion Animal Alliance, 2680 Progress Road; 11 a.m. to 3 p.m. weekends at Petco Acadian Village, Perkins Road at Acadian Thruway.
- INFORMATION: caabr.org; (225) 774-7701.
DETAILS: CAA OPERATES THE PARISH ANIMAL SHELTER. THE ORGANIZATION’S GOAL IS TO FIND HOMES FOR ANIMALS. MARSH DOG PRODUCES DOG TREATS IN LOUISIANA MADE OF LOCALLY SOURCED NUTRIA. THE GOAL IS TO HELP RID SWAMPS OF THIS HIGHLY DESTRUCTIVE ANIMAL WHICH ENDANGERS THE COASTLINE AND TO PROVIDE NUTRITIOUS TREATS WHICH ARE FREE OF CHEMICALS AND ANTIBIOTICS.
- WHAT: Gumbo lunches.
- WHEN: 11 a.m. to 1 p.m. Fridays, beginning March 7 through Lent.
- WHERE: St. James Episcopal Church Bishops Hall, corner of Florida and North Fourth streets.
- DETAILS: Lunches of either shrimp gumbo or chicken and sausage gumbo, along with salad, bread and dessert. Dine in or pick up, by calling in your order at (225) 387-5141 between 8 a.m. and 10 a.m. on Friday. The lunches are the sole fundraiser for the Episcopal Church Women’s outreach projects.
EYES ON THE TIES
- WHAT: Gala for the opening of The Emerge Center, formerly the Baton Rouge Speech and Hearing Foundation.
- WHEN: 6 p.m. March 13.
- WHERE: L’Auberge Casino, 777 L’Auberge Ave.
- TICKETS: $100.
- INFORMATION: (225) 343-4232.
DETAILS: THE EVENT FEATURES A LIVE AUCTION OF CELEBRITY TIES AND A MEN’S FASHION SHOW. CELEBRITY CHEFS WILL PROVIDE APPETIZERS AND SWEETS. THERE WILL BE AN OPEN BAR, MUSIC, A SILENT AUCTION AND RAFFLE.
JAZZ IT UP
- WHAT: Jazz It Up to Make a Difference kick-off brunch fundraiser for Hospice of Acadiana.
- WHEN: 10:30 or 1 p.m., March 23.
- WHERE: The Victorian, 302 East Main St., Broussard.
- TICKETS/INFO: $100; hfacadiana.com.
DETAILS: THE BRUNCH WILL INCLUDE MUSIC BY JEREMY BENOIT’S “JB SAAX AND THE BAND” AND A DELICIOUS MEAL.
- WHAT: Golf tournament benefitting Capital Area CASA (Court Appointed Special Advocates).
- WHEN: April 7.
- WHERE: University Club of Baton Rouge.
- INFORMATION: (225) 239-2644 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- DETAILS: Registration open for the annual Terracon Golf Benefit. All proceeds go to CASA, a nonprofit that recruits, trains and supports community volunteers who advocate on behalf of abused and neglected children in need of safe, permanent homes. casabr.org.