- WHAT: Meeting of Baton Rouge chapter of RSEA (formerly known as Retired State Employees Association).
- WHEN: 9:30 a.m. Thursday.
- WHERE: Holiday Inn South, 9940 Airline Highway.
- INFORMATION: 1 (866) 938-0961.
DETAILS: REPRESENTATIVES FROM THE LOUISIANA STATE EMPLOYEES’ RETIREMENT SYSTEM, THE OFFICE OF GROUP BENEFITS AND GREAT-WEST RETIREMENT SERVICES WILL BE AVAILABLE TO ANSWER QUESTIONS. THOSE ATTENDING ARE ASKED TO BRING A NON-PERISHABLE FOOD ITEM FOR THE FOOD BANK.
- WHAT: Bridal show.
- WHEN: 1 p.m. to 4:30 p.m. Feb. 23.
- WHERE: White Oak Plantation, 17660 George O’Neal Road.
- ADMISSION: $10.
- INFORMATION: (225) 751-1882.
- DETAILS: Show features wedding vendors and fashion show at 3:30 p.m.
- WHAT: Creative Louisiana, a monthly morning meetup for creative types.
- WHEN: 8:30 a.m. Friday, Feb. 28. (Presentation starts at 9 a.m.)
- WHERE: Louisiana Art & Science Museum, 100 S. River Road.
- ADMISSION: Free. Reserve a seat at CreativeLouisiana.Eventbrite.com.
- DETAILS: Speaker will be fashion designer Anthony Ryan Auld, who will give a behind-the-scenes look at his exhibit currently featured at the museum. Afterwards, those attending may enter the museum for $5 to view the exhibit.
- WHEN: 6:30 p.m. Feb. 28.
- WHERE: LSU Parker Coliseum, Highland Road, LSU campus.
- TICKETS & INFO: $20; free for children 12 and younger. Evelyn Gibson, (225) 927-9810.
- DETAILS: This fun, family-oriented event features music, dancing, space walks, mechanical bull rides, pony rides, a petting zoo and silent auction.
- WHAT: Spanish Town Mardi Gras party.
- WHEN: 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. Saturday, March 1.
- WHERE: Capitol Park Museum, 660 North 4th Street (corner of 4th Street and Spanish Town).
- TICKETS: $25 for adults; $10 for students; free for children 12 and younger and members of Friends of the Capitol Park Museum. eventbrite.com. Tickets also will be available at the door.
- INFORMATION: (225) 238-8826 or (225) 926-4710.
- DETAILS: A parade party for the family, including complimentary food and drink, crafts, activities for children and a separate parade viewing area for guests. Cash bar with beer, wine, Bloody Marys and mimosas will be available. No outside ice chests allowed. Join the Friends group and get a Friends of the Capitol Park Museum T-shirt and the new Spanish Town Parade T-shirt. Proceeds benefit the nonprofit group, which provides support for the museum’s exhibits and programming and educational initiatives.