MS. WHEELCHAIR PAGEANT
- WHAT: Ms. Wheelchair Louisiana Pageant.
- WHEN: 2 p.m. today.
- WHERE: Baton Rouge Rehabilitation Hospital, 8595 United Plaza Blvd.
- ADMISSION: $5.
- DETAILS: The mission of the program is to provide an opportunity for women who utilitze wheelchairs to educate and advocate for individuals with disabilities. The winner will compete in the National Ms. Wheelchair Pageant in July in Long Beach, Calif.
- WHAT: Half-price adoption for any dog with heartworms.
- WHEN & WHERE: Feb. 10-28 — 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. daily at Companion Animal Alliance, 2680 Progress Road (near the Baton Rouge Airport); 11 a.m. to 3 p.m. weekends at Petco Acadian Village, 3535 Perkins Road.
- INFORMATION: caabr.org.
- DETAILS: Many dogs brought to CAA are heartworm positive because they haven’t been getting a monthly preventative medicine. Heartworms are spread by mosquitos. Adoption price includes spay/neuter, vaccinations and microchip.
BR FASHION WEEK
- WHAT: OneofaKind Baton Rouge Fashion Week show.
- WHEN: 7 p.m. Saturday, Feb. 15.
- WHERE: Capitol Park Museum, 660 N. Fourth St.
- TICKETS: $40 at the museum, JuJu’s,7949 Jefferson Highway, and BatonRougeFashionWeek.com.
- DETAILS: The event is a fashion show and fundraiser for the Louisiana Museum Foundation. Dress for the event is black and white gala-style attire. Organizers say the goal of OBRFW is to promote designers and artists.
- Mardi Gras excursion
- WHAT: Mardi Gras trip to New Orleans, sponsored by the Foundation for Historical Louisiana.
- WHEN: 6:45 a.m. Tuesday, March 4 (Mardi Gras).
- RESERVATIONS: (225) 387-2464, ext. 11.
- INFORMATION: fhl.org.
- COST: Tickets purchased before Feb. 14 are $175; $150 for FHL members. After Feb. 14, $200 for nonmembers and $175 for members.
- DETAILS: Price includes bus ride, guide, select grandstand tickets and lunch at Le Pavillon Hotel.