- WHAT: Monthly meeting of the Baton Rouge Area Military Officers Association of America.
- WHEN: 11:30 a.m. Tuesday.
- WHERE: Drusilla Restaurant, 3482 Drusilla Lane.
- INFORMATION: (225) 766-4900.
- DETAILS: Officers and directors for 2014 will be installed.
A VALENTINE’S TREAT
- WHAT: Valentine brunch.
- WHEN: 10 a.m. to noon Feb. 8.
- WHERE: The Enchanted Mansion, 190 Lee Drive.
- TICKETS & RESERVATIONS: $20 for adults; $6 for children 3 and younger. Call (225) 769-0005.
- DETAILS: Dance and tour the doll museum with your special little girl. Candy and roses provided.
- WHAT: Founders’ Day celebration for greater Baton Rouge chapters of Alpha Kappa Alpha Sorority.
- WHEN: 11 a.m. Feb. 15.
- WHERE: Renaissance Hotel, 7000 Bluebonnet Blvd.
- TICKETS: $35. Contact Alexis Alexander at email@example.com.
- DETAILS: The theme for the event is “Global Leadership Through Timeless Service: Embracing Our Future.” The chapters will focus on honoring youth in the arts, athletics, academics, leadership and service. The event is open to the public.
TEA, FASHION & FANCIES
- WHAT: An English-style tea and fashion show.
- WHEN: 2-4 p.m. Feb. 15.
- WHERE: LSU Rural Life Museum Visitor’s Center, 4560 Essen Lane.
- TICKETS/INFO: $60; $25 for ages 13 and younger. Call (225) 765-2437.
- DETAILS: Tea and specialties will be served in multiple courses. The fashion show theme will reflect hats created by New York area hat designer June Gumbel and jewelry designer Jane Olsen-Phillips. Hats and jewelry from the designers will be on sale afterwards. Children attending will have an opportunity to be in their own hat fashion show. The LSU Rural Life and Textile and Costume museums are jointly hosting the event. Tables may be reserved in advance. All proceeds jointly benefit the LSU Rural Life and Textile and Costume museums.