- WHAT: Grandparents Raising Grandchildren Info Center of LA annual board meeting.
- WHEN: 9 a.m. Tuesday.
- WHERE: Info Center, 7325 Caprice St.
- DETAILS: The public is invited to attend.
- WHAT: LaHouse Home and Landscape Resource Center Winter Saturday Open House.
- WHEN: 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. Saturday.
- WHERE: LaHouse, 2858 Gourrier Ave.
- INFORMATION: LSUAgCenter.com/LaHouse
- DETAILS: The open house will highlight technologies that provide cost-effective, practical and durable green living techniques to improve comfort and energy efficiency in the home during the winter. AgCenter experts will be on hand to answer questions. A $5 per adult donation is suggested.
- WHAT: Third annual Snowflake Tea.
- WHEN: 2-4 p.m. Saturday.
- WHERE: The Enchanted Mansion, 190 Lee Drive.
- TICKETS & RESERVATIONS: $18 for adults; $6 for children 3 and younger. Call (225) 769-0005.
- DETAILS: The Snowflake Tea includes tea, hot chocolate, sandwiches and fresh fruit. You also can tour the museum and view the Angel Exhibit.
- WHAT: Something Old, Something New bridal show.
- WHEN: 6-9 p.m. Jan. 23.
- WHERE: The Old Governor’s Mansion, 502 North Blvd.
- ADMISSION: Preregistration, $10; at the door, $15.
- REGISTRATION: email@example.com or (225) 387-2464.
- INFORMATION: fhl.org or weddingsbyallie.com
- DETAILS: Presented by the Old Governor’s Mansion and Weddings by Allie. The event is designed to allow the bride to visit the Old Governor’s Mansion as a guest at a real wedding reception, including food and drink and vendors showing new trends. A honeymoon prize will be given away.