HAPPY MEW YEAR’S
- WHAT: Special on cat adoptions from Companion Animal Alliance.
- WHEN: Tuesday through Jan. 5. Hours are noon to 6 p.m. Tuesday-Friday; 11 a.m. to 5 p.m. weekends. Closed Christmas Day, New Year’s Eve and New Year’s Day.
- WHERE: 2680 Progress Road.
- INFORMATION: (225) 774-7701
- DETAILS: Special price of $20.14 for adult cats. Includes spay/neuter, vaccinations and microchip.
CHRISTMAS AT ROSEDOWN
- WHAT: Unveiling of Rosedown plantation’s Christmas celebration.
- WHEN: 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. Saturday. Site is open daily 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. Closed Christmas and New Year’s Day.
- WHERE: Rosedown Plantation State Historic Site, La. 10, St. Francisville.
- INFORMATION: LaStateParks.com; (225) 635-3110
- ADMISSION: $10 for adults; $8 for seniors (ages 62 and over) and $4 for students (ages 6-17).
- DETAILS: Visitors can tour the main house, which is decorated in 19th-century style and hear stories of Christmas traditions at Rosedown that were passed down by the Turnbull and Bowman families. There will be hayrides, a marshmallow roast an appearance by Father Christmas.
BREAKFAST WITH SANTA
- WHAT: Breakfast with Santa at The Enchanted Mansion doll museum.
- WHEN: 9 a.m. and 11 a.m. Saturday.
- WHERE: The Enchanted Mansion, 190 Lee Drive.
- ADMISSION: $20 per person; $6 for ages 3 and younger.
- INFORMATION/RESERVATIONS: (225) 766-7221.
- DETAILS: Enjoy breakfast with Santa, who will present each child with a gift. Tour of the museum is included.
- WHAT: Baton Rouge Arts Market.
- WHEN: 8 a.m. to noon Saturday.
- WHERE: Between Laurel and Main streets downtown.
- INFORMATION: artsbr.org; (225) 344-8558.
DETAILS: Just in time for Christmas, artists from Louisiana and Mississippi will be selling jewelry, pottery, woodwork, textiles, photographs, paintings, sculptures and much more.