- WHAT: Sale of Cambodian crafts.
- WHEN: 9:30 a.m. today.
- WHERE: First United Methodist Church, 930 North Blvd.
- DETAILS: The sale offers purses, pashminas, tablecloths, table runners, billfolds, scarves and much more made by women in Cambodia. All proceeds are returned to Cambodia.
WREATHS IN THE STATEHOUSE
- WHAT: Address by Army Ret. Lt. Gen. Russel Honoré on the “Wreaths Across America Statehouse Project.”
- WHEN: 10:30 a.m. Monday.s
- WHERE: State Capitol Rotunda.
- DETAILS: Hear Honoré speak on the project, which honors the memory of those who served and are serving in the U.S. military. A reception will follow. Sponsored by the John James Audubon Chapter of the Daughters of the American Revolution.
WRAP AND ROLL
- WHAT: Volunteers of America needs help getting books wrapped for youngsters in need.
- WHEN: 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. Tuesday, noon to 4 p.m. Wednesday.
- WHERE: Volunteers of America corporate office, 3949 North Blvd.
- INFORMATION: Contact Greta Patterson at email@example.com.
- DETAILS: Drop in anytime during the set hours to help wrap the more than 5,000 books that will be distributed to preschoolers through high school students across south Louisiana. Books are being provided by Scholastic Books.
WREATHS ACROSS AMERICA
- WHAT: Placement of wreaths on the graves of soldiers.
- WHEN: 11 a.m. Saturday.
- WHERE: Port Hudson National Cemetery, 20978 Port Hickey Road, Zachary.
- INFORMATION: (225) 413-3207 or WreathsAcrossAmerica.org
- DETAILS: All are welcome to attend the ceremony, conducted by the Civil Air Patrol Capitol City Composite squadron. To request that a wreath be placed on a soldier’s grave at the site, call or go online. The code for the sponsoring group is LACAP010 and the cemetery dedication is LAPHNZ. Port Hudson. Donations of $15 pay for one wreath; $60 for a family of four.